Time and Location
Cordoba House Sunday School
245 E 17th St, 4th FL
New York, NY 10003
One of the unique qualities that distinguishes the Cordoba House Sunday School program is its well thought out, cutting edge curriculum that places a strong emphasis on a child’s personal spiritual development and on the practical application of Islamic values in the modern day context. Through partnerships with leading religious education institutions, such as Brick Presbyterian Church, and Imam Al Kisai Institute of America, Cordoba House has taken best practices and adapted them to craft its own curriculum. The Sunday school program was enhanced by the hiring of a music director and a curriculum writer to research age appropriate activities to enhance and make lessons plans appealing and exciting
Sunday School Class Schedule for Spring 2017
Sundays from 10:00am – 12:30pm
- Welcome Back Orientation – Sunday, February 12, 2017
- Lesson 1: Sunday, March 5, 2017
- Lesson 2: Sunday, March 12, 2017
- Lesson 3: Sunday, March 19, 2017
- Lesson 4: Sunday, March 26, 2017
- Lesson 5: Sunday, April 2, 2017
- Spring Recess – No Class: April 9, 2017
- Spring Recess – No Class: April 16, 2017
- Isra and Miraj Event: Sunday, April 23, 2017
- Lesson 6: Sunday, April 30, 2017
- Lesson 7: Sunday, May 7, 2017
- Lesson 8: Sunday, May 14, 2017
- Lesson 9: Sunday, May 21, 2017
Registration is Now Open for Spring 2017!
We are now accepting registration for the Spring 2017 semester. Please complete the form at the link below to enroll new students or reregister a current student.
We are also developing a Teenage Halaqa sessions where important issues will be discussed. We are calling on teenagers aged between 14 – 17 to help us with their thoughts and input. We are also looking for educators and curriculum developers who have experience with children and youth programs, please contact Naz Georgas at NG@CordobaHouse.com with subject line “Teenage Halaqa” for more information.