Time and Location
Wednesday Quran & Tajweed Class
475 Riverside Drive, Suite 248
New York, NY 10115
The Wednesday Afterschool Quran and Tajweed program launched in the Spring of 2016 and was created from Al Kisai’s Arabic textbooks that were translated and enhanced by our in-office certified tajweed instructor. These translations were used to craft age-appropriate lesson plans that focus on proper pronunciation, memorization and recitation of surahs. In addition, Cordoba House developed child friendly and spiritually uplifting explanations and applications of relevant verses from the Quran within each lesson plan. Each lessons is accompanied by take-home videos to review the lesson of the day with parents.
Wednesday Quran & Tajweed Schedule for Spring 2017
Wednesdays from 4:30 – 5:30pm
- Lesson 1: Wednesday, February 8, 2017
- Lesson 2: Wednesday, February 15, 2017
- Winter Recess – No Class: February 22, 2017
- Lesson 3: Wednesday, March 1, 2017
- Lesson 4: Wednesday, March 8, 2017
- Lesson 5: Wednesday, March 15, 2017
- Lesson 6: Wednesday, March 22, 2017
- Lesson 7: Wednesday, March 29, 2017
- Lesson 8: Wednesday, April 5, 2017
- Spring Recess – No Class: April 12, 2017
- Lesson 9: Wednesday, April 19, 2017
- Lesson 10: Wednesday, April 26, 2017
- Lesson 11: Wednesday, May 3, 2017
- Lesson 12: Wednesday, May 10, 2017
- Lesson 13: Wednesday, May 17, 2017
- Lesson 14: Wednesday, May 24, 2017
Registration is Now Open for Spring 2017!
We are now accepting registration for the Spring 2017 semester. Please complete the form at the link below to enroll new students or reregister a current student.
We are also developing a Teenage Halaqa sessions where important issues will be discussed. We are calling on teenagers aged between 14 – 17 to help us with their thoughts and input. We are also looking for educators and curriculum developers who have experience with children and youth programs, please contact Naz Georgas at NG@CordobaHouse.com with subject line “Teenage Halaqa” for more information.