A beacon of transformative spirituality for the American Muslim community in NY and beyond. Grounded in the authentic essence of faith through worship of the One God, the purpose of the Cordoba House it to establish a compassionate forward thinking, moderate, pluralistic and inclusive Muslim community that applies a holistic approach to education, social services and activities, interfaith relations and cultural events.
- To fulfill the ultimate purpose of the worship of the one Creator through the consciousness of God that informs and substantiates all aspects of the Cordoba House.
- To establish a compassionate and inclusive community of believing men and women. Endowed with an understanding of Islam with care and love for one another, and for their families, and their community and for society at large.
- To develop programs that propagate a spiritually sensitive and moderate understanding and practice of Islam within the American context. With the intent of developing an American Muslim identity that is both unique and enriching to the global Muslim community or the Umma.
- To create lasting relationships with the interfaith community through outreach and joint cultural and social programs that cultivate an understanding and appreciation of other communities of faith and cultures.
- To establish a model Islamic center in New York City—the Cordoba House—that expresses and impresses this vision and mission.